Versatility, The Charbecue’s middle name…
We believe the Charbecue to be more versatile than any other outdoor cooking device, in the variety of foods that can be cooked at the same time, without any additional accessories or modifications.
You might need the odd pot or pan, but how many pieces of equipment do you know where you can cook all these!
With a footprint of just 10,764 cm2 there is over 13,470 cm2 cooking area comprising:
Above the charcoal is a fully configurable cooking area of over 7,300 cm2 for:
- Space for up to 3 x GN1/1 or GN2/1Gastronorm containers
- Conventional Barbecueing
This height adjustable cooking area is divided into three areas:
- One hotplate - for cooking using indirect heat from the charcoal in the conventional manner or, turned over to provide a large area that can be used for frying or sealing food.
- Two grills - for cooking using direct heat from the charcoal in the conventional manner or, turned over to provide large ‘baskets’ for cooking vegetables or similar items.
Saucepans, Woks etc. can also be placed on the racks for boiling, stir frying etc.
- The hotplate and grills are interchangeable and can be replaced with up to 3 x GN1/1 and GN2/1Gastronorms.
The oven also contains a large tray with drainage point and two racks, which can be combined in various configurations:
The two racks are designed to:
- Allow food to be placed on them in a conventional manner
- Be linked together for holding large pieces of meat, so that they can be easily turned once during the cooking process, removing the possibility of the meat breaking up, spoiling the presentation of the food.
- Be inverted, that is fitted into each other to provide a facility for cooking large pieces of fish, such as whole salmon, again removing the possibility of the food breaking up.
- Water can be placed in the drip tray so that it can double as a very large Bain Marie.
- Cooking foods in foil - such as jacket potatoes, sweet corn or garlic bread.
If required, additional charcoal can been added to the ash box.
The Charbecue is capable of boiling water and has been be used for cooking rice and pasta.